Le Match de Thomas
Have a question?
Author: Nicolas Boyer
Publisher: Hachette Français Langue Etrangère
Publishing Date: 14-01-2009
A new one, Leo, arrives in Thomas' class. He is the son of the famous TV presenter. Leo quickly becomes the star of the class, everyone dresses like him, listens to the same music as him. Thomas finds himself a little rejected, even by his best friends, Kofi and Rémi. Yet he chooses to remain himself!
In the playground, the principal calls the students one by one:
- Fifth 2! Ajard Sylvie…, Boyer Charlotte…, Crouse Thomas…
It's me. I cross the courtyard. I have a beating heart! Back to school day is a special day. I am happy and at the same time a little worried. I have lots of questions in my head: which teachers will I have? who will be in my class?…
- Micquel Éva…, N'Dyaye Kofi…, Noujbel Leïla…
Kofi and Leïla run up to me.
- Great, we're in the same class! she says.
- Shhh ... listen to the rest.
- Pradel Léo… Renoir Rémi…
Phew! Rémi is in our class. The four of us have been friends since elementary school. People call us the "inseparable"!
- Léo Pradel, I don't know him. Is it a new one? Kofi asks.
- Pradel ... Pradel ... that means something to me ... said Leïla.