Student Picture Dictionary (English)
Have a question?
Student Picture Dictionaries
Unique and innovative dictionaries which use full -color drawings to help explain more than 3300 terms in a way that is accessible to both young children and older learners.
Outstanding features :
- Wonderful for use at home to help children look up words they ask about; encourages children to expand their vocabulary.
- The bright, amusing pictures are non-sexist, and non-racist.
- In English alphabetical order with full second-language index.
- The extra-large vocabulary is based on word frequency analysis and thematic clustering.
- A healthy lifestyle is promoted throughout the book.
- Explanatory phrases clarify certain abstract and group concepts.
- Regional variations of language are included where applicable.
- Effective for developing reading skills in schools.
- Teaches basic dictionary skills to encourage self-learning.
- Pictures assist in remedial reading situations.
- Valuable in ESL teaching for youths and adults.
Languages Available :
English-only : The "Ashley"
Bilingual (English base): French, German, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Finnish, Macedonian, Armenian, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese.