- Author : Esther Roudmanovich
- Binding : Paperback
- ISBN-13 : 9782090331455
- Language : French
- Level : A2-B1( Intermediate)
- Market : Adolescent/Adult
- Pages: 124
- Publisher : CLE International
- Publishing Date : August ,2005
- Series : Progressive
- Subject : French
- Weight : 399 gm
Vocabulary book in French as a foreign language (FLE) in the Progressive collection intended for young adolescents, intermediate level.
Level 2 of the Progressive French Vocabulary for adolescents takes up the division, rhythm and working methods of level 1 and allows the learner to find familiar references. The manual can be used both in class and in self-study, due to the preponderance of exercises.
Like level 1, it is characterized by a solid progression and a clearly marked course. It is made up of 26 lesson units, 13 units comprising only exercises and a summary of knowledge in the form of exercises classified according to speech acts. This represents around 250 application exercises.
- A lesson unit is built according to the following principle: a left-hand page presenting the vocabulary put into context in a lively way;
- a right-hand page presenting a range of application exercises.
The manual is therefore divided into sets of two units followed by 4 pages of exercises, offering the possibility of acquiring vocabulary over about twenty exercises, the progression of which is gradual. The choice to script the left-hand pages is motivated by the desire to offer two readings:
- one linear, linking each lesson for the learner wishing to browse the book page by page;
- the other thematic, for the learner concerned with acquiring the vocabulary according to his specific needs and according to his priorities.
This book offers a variety of exercises. We will find:
- so-called "classic" exercises, the typology of which is often known to learners: multiple choice questions, sentences or dialogues to be completed, chasing the intruder, true or false, double entry tables ...
- "fun" activities: crosswords, search words, hidden words, rebuses, tests, riddles, question games ...
- dialogue or situational comprehension exercises in relation to practices and socio-cultural aspects of the French landscape.
At the end of the 26 lesson units, 4 pages of communication exercises are offered, grouped according to the speech acts present in this manual. Each exercise refers to several lesson units.
At the end of the book there is a summary of the words and phrases for each unit and a separate answer booklet accompanies this manual.